New Pool Owner (Maybe), Saltwater Question

Jul 11, 2011
West Monroe, La
Hey Everyone

Just joined the site, lots of great information, we are looking at our first pool, I think we have decided on a pool, Matrix, 24'. Here is my question, the pool dealer has told me the difference in chlorine and salt is about $1000 - is this realistic?

Is it worth to pay the extra upfront and have it all installed, or is it cheaper and fairly easy for me to convert it on my own.

I am going to find out today what name brand equipment is being used for the salt water system.

Thanks

Salt pools are also chlorine pools, it just delivers the chlorine differently. $1000 is fairly reasonable but you should not expect the pool to be any different from a manually chlorinated pool except that you don't have to add the chlorine.....the SWG produces it for you.

In other words, you are buying convenience......well worth it to most folks that have them but you'll have to decide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.