Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool Owner (Maybe), Saltwater Question

1. Back To Top    #1

West Monroe, La

New Pool Owner (Maybe), Saltwater Question

Hey Everyone

Just joined the site, lots of great information, we are looking at our first pool, I think we have decided on a pool, Matrix, 24'. Here is my question, the pool dealer has told me the difference in chlorine and salt is about $1000 - is this realistic?

Is it worth to pay the extra upfront and have it all installed, or is it cheaper and fairly easy for me to convert it on my own.

I am going to find out today what name brand equipment is being used for the salt water system.

27'x54" Matrix Resin - 200lb Pentair sand filter - 1.5hp Pentair optiflow 2 speed pump - Aquatrol SWG - Gorilla Pad

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: New Pool Owner (Maybe), Saltwater Question

Salt pools are also chlorine pools, it just delivers the chlorine differently. $1000 is fairly reasonable but you should not expect the pool to be any different from a manually chlorinated pool except that you don't have to add the chlorine.....the SWG produces it for you.

In other words, you are buying convenience......well worth it to most folks that have them but you'll have to decide.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: New Pool Owner (Maybe), Saltwater Question

It's something that can be added at any time, but at construction is the easiest time. $1000 sounds pretty reasonable.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden