Was away for a few days and returned to find a hazy green pool -- bad timing as we really need the relief during this blistering heat.
I shocked with bleach last night -- was shooting for 15.0 fc but hit 18.0 fc. The pH was a little high at 7.8, so I also added a couple of pounds of dry acid.
Checked this morning and we are at 15.0 fc, but the pH is reading 8.0+! It is a 30k gallon in-ground vinyl pool. Numbers pre-shock:
Should I try to adjust the pH now, or wait until FC comes down? Also, what would be a safe FC level to allow swimming -- kids are hot and want to go swimming!!
Thanks very much for your thoughts.