Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New (paying) member here

1. Back To Top    #1

New (paying) member here

Introducing myself...

Chad in muggy New Orleans. Just bought a house (last month) and trying to work out pool issues. The board and flow switch quit/were broken so I've already put a chunk into a pool that's not working.

I'm riding the big learning curve now and am trying to get my water tested soon to prevent falling off the deep end. Ha

Added 240 lbs of salt over the weekend per the old pool guy's recommendation. Will order the test kit once I find the code for the $10 off.
    25k gallon rectangular, Cartridge filtered
    New AquaRite T-15 cell and board
    IG Plaster, No idea of pump size/flow rate
    TF-100 kit with the K-1776 salt kit
    Polaris 280
    Still learning, but I've been to pool school!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New (paying) member here

Hi Chad and welcome to TFP. You are off to a grand start by joining TFP and ordering the TF100. You will love your test kit and these folks won't let you down.
    17,500 gal. ABG Doughboy Pool
    1/2 HP Pump/150 sq.ft. Cartridge Filter
    TF100 Test Kit And Speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon
    Will order the test kit once I find the code for the $10 off.
    Send a PM to JasonLion for a code.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi, welcome. Bravo on getting Schooled.

N.O. is my hometown - going back for a high school reunion right as hurricane season gets heated up...oh, my, what people will do to get a break on hotel costs. It's been awhile, has anyone put out an update to the old book "The Underground Gourmet"? I'd love a guide to little known restaurants.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

6. Back To Top    #6

has anyone put out an update to the old book "The Underground Gourmet"?
    Well Richard Collin died last year and he didn't update the guide (that I know of). I really don't know of anything else like it... The closest thing to it is reviews by Tom Fitzmorris. He's a little (lot) more high strung than Collin was, but certainly knows his food. He's the most well known critic in NOLA with a couple different radio shows.

http://www.nomenu.com/joomla1/ It has a ton of information, including restaurants sorted by area of the city and style of food
    25k gallon rectangular, Cartridge filtered
    New AquaRite T-15 cell and board
    IG Plaster, No idea of pump size/flow rate
    TF-100 kit with the K-1776 salt kit
    Polaris 280
    Still learning, but I've been to pool school!

7. Back To Top    #7

Bookmarked!

Thanks
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

8. Back To Top    #8

Welcome!

9. Back To Top    #9

Welcome to TFP! Thanks for the restaurant review page...I LOVE TO EAT IN NOLA!! Mouth is watering right now, and I'm dying to go back. Dang, I just thought about Southern Candymakers' pralines. Uh oh. Now I have a craving - could eat a boxful.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build