algae or what

Cole

May 3, 2011
Berea. KY
hello i have a 12,500 gal. AG softswim pool with a problem. i cant figure out if it is algae or what i have added 10 oz. this week (since Sunday) of algaecide. my biguanide level and my clairifier levels are perfect pH is 7.5, my TA and CH levels are in ideal ranges. i have completely acid washed and changed the D.E in my filter 2 times this month. the problem is some kind of dirt in my pool in the bottom, like algae but when i brush the pool it comes up like dust, not in flakes. i brush the pool twice a day, manually vacuum twice a day, manually skim the pool 4 times a day with the leaf net. please help. the heat index is 101 for the rest of the week. i don't want to end up in the ER because of 12,000 gallons of heck :evil: i would post pictures but the website i saying the file size is too big.

I've been fighting was I though was mustard algae for 3 weeks now. was told by (2) pool store sales people and (1) service professional that it was mustard algae. That a "yellow out" type product was the only solution. I've started reading other post on this site and learned that if the yellow-green cloud is only on the floor then I should suspect dust or pollen. the pool balance was very good and I'd shocked and held levels with no problem.

I purchased a bag of DE power and mixed 1 cup with water, dumped into the skimmer, swept the floor. 8hrs later the pool is crystal!

Guess you are still having the same problems as you were when you made your initial post here:
cloudy-water-t35284.html

There are essentially two types of baquacil users. Those with problems and those who are gonna have problems. You know, until you offload the baquacil and get on a chlorine program, you are just going to be spinning your wheels. As mentioned in your other thread all baquacil products are substandard sanitizers. You will continue to have problems and be out lots of $$$ until you make the decision to switch over to a chlorine based form of sanitization, either by straight chlorine or through the use of a saltwater chlorine generator. If you want to clear your pool, here is how to go about it: pool-school/baqua_chlorine_conversion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.