New Pool construction Long Island, NY

Wanted to say a big thanks to the many people on this board that willingly or inadvertently armed me with the knowledge and information needed to make some big decisions concerning our new IG pool build. This site is truly a wealth of information and Im so glad to have found it.

We are now 6 days into our build :party: and wanted to share some pics as I loved going through other members build pics throughout their projects.

The Before Pics:
[attachment=1:3k9di18p]IMG_0131 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3k9di18p]
[attachment=0:3k9di18p]IMG_0136 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3k9di18p]

The Forms:
[attachment=2:273cizcj]IMG_0009 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:273cizcj]

[attachment=1:273cizcj]IMG_0007 (640x427) (2).jpg[/attachment:273cizcj]

[attachment=0:273cizcj]IMG_0010 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:273cizcj]

Tomorrow the forms get finished and concrete starts going down!

Will keep posting as we go.

Forms completed and concrete went in today!

Cant believe how quickly this stuff dries....said the crete is done within 6 hrs. The crew is back tomorrow at 10am to break down the forms and the plumbers start right behind them.

[attachment=2:1ox58xly]IMG_0014 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1ox58xly]

[attachment=1:1ox58xly]IMG_0012 (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1ox58xly]

[attachment=0:1ox58xly]IMG_0002 (2) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:1ox58xly]

More to come tomorrow!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey MX----the 3rd skimmer is actually on the midline wall between the deep and shallow end. My thoughts were that the prevailing winds will push all debris into the deepend and the return jets are placed in 4 spots: 1) directly opposite the deepend skimmers 2) in the stairs 3) in the deepend bench 4) 2 deepend returns.

My rationale was that the circulation pattern should leave anything floating hitting the far wall where the one skimmer is centered and all other debris continue to pushing through to the 2 deepend skimmers.

Stairs and Bench forms built and concrete poured today as well as plumbing......PB measured and is ordering liner today....equipment pad and backfilling tomorrow. Hopefull estimate is that we will be swimming next weekend! :cheers:

[attachment=1:3qwprpfl]IMG_0001 (2) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3qwprpfl]

[attachment=0:3qwprpfl]IMG_0003 (5) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3qwprpfl]

I cannot say how good the crews my PB have sent over have been....with the exception of one dump truck driver, everyone has been the consumate customer service advocate. (I told my PB about the driver today and he assured me today was his last day with the company)

Backfill/plumbing completed on Friday

Monday looks like forming for the floors and deepend slopes, installation of foam on the concrete walls and maybe electrical starting.

[attachment=2:3dtarj7f]IMG_0004 (4) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3dtarj7f]

[attachment=1:3dtarj7f]IMG_0009 (4) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3dtarj7f]

[attachment=0:3dtarj7f]IMG_0013 (2) (640x427).jpg[/attachment:3dtarj7f]

They are calling for some brutal heat here all week so keeping our fingers crossed for water going in by the end of the week.

NYUnderground said:
Monday looks like forming for the floors and deepend slopes..

So they plan on using forms to create your deep end? I was wondering about this because it didn't apear that it was excavated to the point that a hand trowled surface could be applied.:scratch:

Looking good! Your gonna love those stairs :goodjob:

Hey MX. Actually they still have some excavation to do in the deepend before they add pool sand and trowel. The PB is waiting for the liner to be complete from Loop Loc before they finish the deepend because where we live is nothing but sand two feet down.

My wife and kids have already claimed the stairs as their sanctuary!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.