Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice needed: Jandy Aquapure Ei or 1400

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice needed: Jandy Aquapure Ei or 1400

I have a 21,000 gal pool in Texas with all Jandy equipment and need to replace the broken AutoClear Plus SWG. I am contemplating on purchasing the Jandy Aquapure Ei or 1400 model SWG so that I can hook either of them to my existing Aqualink RS system and control from inside the house. I have not seen much feedback in regards to the Aquapure Ei model. What is your advice? The cost difference is about $150 between the two with the 1400 model being higher. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice needed: Jandy Aquapure Ei or 1400

I think only the 1400 can be controlled via Jandy controls system. The Ei series does not tie into Jandy controls - stand alone only.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Advice needed: Jandy Aquapure Ei or 1400

The Ei is designed to be installed by homeowners, while the 1400 requires minor plumbing. I prefer the proper plumbing of the 1400, rather than the pipe clamp design of the Ei, but if PVC plumbing bothers you the Ei has that advantage.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School