Suntouch turning solar off when solar heat is available

Vandergraff

I am using a Suntouch Controller to control my solar heating. It works fine most of the time - but sometimes seems to turn off when water temperature is below the taget and solar heat is available.

I have it set for default Heat Start Differential 6 degrees and Heat Stop differential 3 degrees - however it seems to be switching off when the differential reaches 6 degrees (not 3 degrees). e.g. water temp 85F, pool temp target 88F, solar collector temp 90F and solar turns off.

Anyone else using a Suntouch seeing similar - or have ideas what I might be doing wrong.

hi I have the suntouch and I found the instructions ah lets say difficult , why do they have these differentails other cotrollers I ve have you just set the temp of the pool and it ran till the water reach that temp as long as the solar collector was hot enough , I remember another thread here on the Suntouch explianing what they mean by Start Differential and Heat Stop differential .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.