Dry skin

Jul 23, 2010
Mickleton, NJ
We are having an awesome summer by our TFP, everything is balanced thanks to our handy dandy TF-100 and I've only needed to add bleach since we opened in the spring. The water sparkles and I'm amazed how easy things have been to maintain the pool and I actually feel like I have a clue what I'm doing. :party:

My one issue is that since we are spending a lot of time in the pool my skin is really dry. My Ph is balanced and no stinging eyes, my boys seem to be fine it is just me. I've heard people talk about things to make the water feel "softer". Any suggestions? We do not have a SWG, may add one someday but it's not on the list yet.

You can do one of two things to improve the feel of the water. One is that you can add some pool salt to the pool. The other is done by adding borax to the pool. I have had borax in my pool in the past and will admit that it makes the water feel much wetter than it did without it in there.

I've read a little about borates but I thought I saw something about it not being good for pets? I'm a little concerned about my kids, my 18 month old and even my 4 year old get quite a bit of water in their mouths. We are teaching them about not drinking the water but it is a work in progress.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.