Polaris Run Time

4 to 6 hours depending on season, but not all at once.

I run the Polaris for 30 minutes after the waterfall does a 30 minute cycle, which is twice a day mid AM and early evening. That is to pick up any trash the waterfall has created. Then for 3 hrs in the afternoon for the main cleaning cycle. I run the pool filter in the coolest hours of the night, midnight to 8 AM to keep the pool cooler.

In the morning it is actually chilly, but after the waterfall and polaris run there are hot spots. One where the spa spills over as the main filter runs when the polaris runs, the other near the waterfall. Very weird swimming down the pool in the afternoon; warmish in the shallow end, then cooler, then warm, then cooler still, then very warm, then very cool in the deep end.

In the winter I reverse, and the pool runs in the heat of the day and the waterfall too. The polaris runs during the day then as well, for more like 6 hrs total since there are so many leaves then.

My Polaris run time is about 3 hours a day, I think it runs about from 9a to 12p. The bottom is always clean. The filter pump runs from 8a to 6p during the summer, sometimes more. During the winter, the filter pump runs from 3a to 6a, this is to minimize the total pump time if the freeze protection kicks the pump on, since these are hours it is most likely to be coldest. The polaris may run for an hour during the winter.

I do like to run the Polaris when someone is likely to be home, since in the past, I have found it stranded on the sunshelf squirting water out of the pool and a few times with the supply hose whipping around the pool after becoming detached from the cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.