How to choose a quality hose clamp

Reset

Apr 17, 2011
I recently replaced my above ground heater and everything was great for a couple of weeks. Then I get a call from the missus. The hose came off the outlet and drained the pool. So I went home and reattached, making sure the hose clamp was good and tight. Fast forward a few weeks and now the heater isn't running. Turned out the filter was clogged, no big deal. But as I am standing there testing it the hose flies off, deluging me with water (much to the amusement of the kids). I check it out, and I can finger tighten the clamps (I put two on both sides). So I crank 'em on again, going as tight as I dare. To be safe I checked the inlet side. These clamps will not tighten, and instead 'click' which tells me from experience the clamp is broken where the gears grip.

I heard from a plumbing friend that not all hose clamps are created equal, and I have to make sure I get the good ones. So how does one assure a heavy duty hose clamp? They all look the same to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.