Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to Pool - Backwash Hose Question

1. Back To Top    #1

New to Pool - Backwash Hose Question

Hi there, I am new to this pool - I had a pool at my old house. My pool at my new house has a backwash hose that I have to roll out into the street every time I have to backwash - I never had to do this at my old house because I assume it drained directly underground, is there anything that can be changed to get it to backwash underground? If so, is it costly. I find it a huge nuisance to do this every week.

Thx.
    19500 gal Fiberglass AGP Hayward 1hp filter pump 300# Hayward sand filter
    Polaris pool cleaner TF_100xl test kit Aquarite SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to Pool - Backwash Hose Question

You can dig a trench and plumb you a hard pvc backwash line. Just be sure local laws permit draining to the street.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

My backwash line is a buried PVC line that runs about 15-20' from the filter and discharges into the yard. Has not harmed the grass at all.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine is hard plumbed as well out into the street.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by BadOleRoss
    My backwash line is a buried PVC line that runs about 15-20' from the filter and discharges into the yard. Has not harmed the grass at all.
    Second that , we are in a drought so I need all the water I can get for the grass
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade