Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Adding a Jandy Automated Valve to Aqualink RS

1. Back To Top    #1

Adding a Jandy Automated Valve to Aqualink RS

Hey guys, need some expert opinion here!

I have a Jandy Neverlube valve that diverts water flow to a dedicated line for a Polaris 360. I also have an Aqualink RS with several available AUX buttons. How would I go about installing an automated switch onto the current Neverlube valve and interfacing it with the Aqualink control center?

Thanks!
    -Tom

17,000 gal plaster with spa. Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filters. Jandy systems with Aqualink RS and Polaris 360.

Pool Store free since May 2011!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Adding a Jandy Automated Valve to Aqualink RS

The AquaLink RS is designed to control a couple of valves using valve actuators, without using up an aux relay. See here and your AquaLink RS manual.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

I'll have to grab a PDF of the Aqualink RS manual. The buy that installed this panel before I moved in didn't leave it.

It's not that I want to set the valve itself to the AUX botton. It's that I want the AUX button to start the Polaris 360. So I push Aux, this valve turns and the water flow is directed into the sweeper pipe. Thanks for the link, I'll keep reading.
    -Tom

17,000 gal plaster with spa. Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filters. Jandy systems with Aqualink RS and Polaris 360.

Pool Store free since May 2011!

4. Back To Top    #4

This is probably the manual for your unit, though there is some chance that you have a slightly different model.

What you want to do is a standard feature of the AquaLink RS. There are a couple of steps to get it all working, but it isn't really difficult.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School