Zodiac Clearwater LM2 Series Questions

don719

Jul 11, 2011
Bradenton, FL
Hi,

I am new to this forum so I appologize if this topic has been covered already. I looked through the previous posts and didn't see anything.

I purchased a home in Florida during the "winter". The pool was being maintained by a third party company. I have since taken over the maintenance myself and am new to the salt water systems.

I believe the salt generator is not working properly, but what I need to know is there any way to test the control box before I spend several hundred dollars on a new salt generator?

Welcome to TFP!

It is difficult to be completely sure either way unless the unit is working perfectly. There are various things that can be explored to narrow down the possibilities however. Why do you think that it isn't working?

Hi ,

Thank you for the quick response.

The reason I am questioning it, is that when I press the on/off button nothing happens. I also have a conatant add salt light, yet my test strips say the salt is OK, if I push superchlorinate, nothing happens, and I can not change the reading on increase output.

As I say, I am still trying to learn the system. I do have the installation/owners manual and have been reading that.

Again, Thanks for the quick response

What type of SWG do you have. I have an intellichlor and the first one I had, I had the same problem where the salt tested low. It was generating chlorine when I tested water, so I found a thread in here somewhere to calibrate the unit so the green light stayed on at the correct level. Now I had it replaced because of another problem and not sure if the tech had to calibrate that one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.