need advice on pool filter pressure and decking

Jobe1

Jul 11, 2011
Hi there,

I currently have a pool being built. They are about to start the decking work. However, I have two questions here.

When the plumber did his work, he capped the pvc pipes, filled the system with water and he has been monitoring the pressure gauge thing on top of the water filter. The filter is Hayward Swim Clean (http://www.hayward-pool.com/prd/In-Grou ... 5516_I.htm)

The filter has a pressure gauge at the top, it seems to be losing pressure, every few days he would stop, connect the water bib and add water to it, leave it, come back after few days to look at it again. The last time I looked at the gauge it was around 20 PSI. I marked it and I will take a look at it again in 12 hours to see how much did it go down. Can you tell me if loss, some loss in pressure is acceptable and how to talk to him about it.

The other question I have is where the plumbing being buried. The pipes run along the outside shell, just 2-4 inches below the concrete. So, if they will be doing the decking, there is some 2 to 4 inches of dirt on top of the PVC pipes, then comes the decking. Is this normal? would the PVC withstand the weight of the deck and what happens if there is a leak and something needs to be fixed, the whole decking have to be removed to fix it! Is that how is't normally done?

the last question I have, does the 4 inch decking usually require rebar/mesh to support the cement or not? I don't think they are putting any

I hope to hear back from you soon,

thank you

Jobe

Welcome to TFP!

You usually need some kind of rebar or mesh for electrically bonding the deck, if not for the structure of the deck.

It's normal for the plumbing to be under the deck and fairly shallow, but I hope the won't be covering it with dirt. The dirt will settle and the concrete will too.

Hard to say about the pressure loss without knowing what equipment is hooked up. If he is pressurizing with water you should be able to see a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.