Skimmers and return recommendations for l-shaped pool

Skalek

Jul 10, 2011
My liner ripped and I took the opportunity to redesign the plumbing in my pool. The pool is a fairly large L shaped pool with approx 40K gallons. I have attached a diagram of the current pool and was hoping for any suggestions or critiques as to make it more efficient. The job is not 100% complete so if necessary I can make some minor changes.

I have replaced all my 1.5" plumbing with 2" plumbing. For suction I have two skimmers in on the backwall of the pool and a main drain in the deep end. I also have a 2 HP pump.

For returns, I have two jets in the shallow end by the stairs pushing the water towards the skimmer on the back wall. I also have two jets in the deep end pushing towards the back wall. Finally there are two jets in the stairs circulating the water out of it.

For an L shaped pool, does this configuration look correct?

Some concerns that I have seen are that there is a continuous buildup of debris that sticks to the side of the pool walls instead of going into the skimmers. I am not sure if this is an issue with where the jets are placed or if they should be pointed in some manner to generate a circular current? Also it is common to find leaves floating around the surface of the pool. Even if I have been out by the pool for 30 minutes, the leaves kind of float around the pool but dont make it into the skimmer during that time.

Now I am not sure if what I am describing is common and I am expecting too much from the pool. Also could is be just that I have my jets pointing straight ahead instead of angled to make a different "current" in the pool?

Sorry if this does not make sense, but I am new to pools and probably not explaining myself well.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• pool-layout-forum.jpg
    pool-layout-forum.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 116
No, they were working horribly. There were no jets in the shallow end pushing towards the back wall and there was only one jet in the deep end. TO make matters worse, the left side of the deep end was sunken a little so the skimmers were not level. That would cause one skimmer to be submierged while the other one was working efficiently, leaving me with one working skimmer.

So the debris that seems to get stuck on the sides of the walls. Is that normal or do I need to fool around iwth the direction of my jets to create a different motion of the water to knock that stuff loose?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.