New pool filled, now what,s next???? HELP

Jul 6, 2011
Hello everyone! Ok I just finished filling up my new Intex 24x52 round pol. A friend told me ti shock it and to app a chlorine tablet into the slimmer. It sounds too easy, Anything else. I shoulddo to it before start using it? I'm planning on using the BBB method. Thanks!

Start by visiting the Pool Calculator at http://www.poolcalculator.com

Adjust the calculator by setting your pool capacity in gallons at the top, then setting your pool surface {vinyl}, your preferred chlorine source {bleach} and your preferred goals {I use TFP.com}

You got a drop type test kit, right? Search test kits here, dump strips if you have them.

On the Pool Calculator, adjust the "Now" column to zero for FC and CYA, and adjust the target level for CYA to 30 and click calculate. On the FC field you will see how much bleach to add to the pool based on zero. You probably arent far from zero at fill. In the CYA field you will see the suggested dose of pool stabilzer/conditioner {available from Walmart or Lowes} Tie it in an old sock and hang it over the pump discharge. Squeeze the sock to help it disperse

Got your test kit yet?

Until the CYA dissolves, you will lose a lot of your bleach to sunlight. You can "ballpark" your bleach dose by adjusting your CYA number, if half is gone, make the "Now" column 15 instead of zero. See how the bleach dose changes? Split the difference on the FC "Now" number as well.

Got your test kit yet?

That oughta get you through until you...wait for it...got your test kit!

You can adjust TA and PH at a more leisurely rate, unless your tap water is really bad!

Also note the Pool School tab at the top, real good info in there!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.