Liquidator Installation Question

arjaygee

LifeTime Supporter
May 6, 2011
Orange, California
I would like to install the Liquidator Outlet line at the pool-pipe before it meets the pool/spa Jandy valve just before the suction side of the pump. A picture is worth a thousand words, so take a look at the red arrow in the attached photo to see where I would ultimately drill a hole in the line. I have two reasons for wanting to do this: 1) Because I have an extra thick sleeve between the Jandy valve and the pump, which is too thick for the clamp to fit around; 2) Because I am thinking this might avoid over sanitizing the spa when the valve is switched to spa mode.

For one thing, I'm wondering what I can expect with this installation when I switch to spa mode. In this mode, water would be passing through the Inlet line but the outlet would be blocked (no suction). My hope is it would simply do nothing. However, that whole pressure balance thing can get complicated.

Any thoughts?

And by the way...
While my first reason is the main motivation for considering this (i.e. would involve more work to retrofit something around that funky fat sleeve), I'm actually surprised that there isn't more discussion related to my second reason. In other words, wouldn't it be a potential issue whenever I want to switch valves to spa mode? I would have to remember to turn the Liquidator valve off, to avoid pumping too much chlorine into my spa. No?

Attachments

• IMG_1989sm.jpg
    IMG_1989sm.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 117
There is no problem putting it between the valve and the pump, if it fit. The float valves prevent it from feeding so long as one of the two ends is on a pipe that does not have flow when the spa is on.

The spot with the red arrow is fine as long as the clamp actually fits in that slot.

Thanks for the quick response, Jason. The clamp fits in the spot with the arrow but I would need to file about a millimeter off of the plastic tube adapter base, as this extends beyond the clamp itself. I'm not too thrilled about the tight fit but am less thrilled about figuring out how to create a clamp that will go around the fat pipe that goes between the valve and the pump.

Connecting to the fat pipe is easy. Just hook another clamp together with the one that comes with the Liquidator end-to-end. I did mine that way with zero problems.

JohnT said:
Connecting to the fat pipe is easy. Just hook another clamp together with the one that comes with the Liquidator end-to-end. I did mine that way with zero problems.

Thanks, John. If I go this route, I'm still not sure how I avoid over-chlorinating my spa, since in this configuration both ends would always have flow when the pump is on, regardless whether the valves are switched to pool or spa.

Sorry for dragging this thread out...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.