Having pool party.....questions!!

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi,

we are having our first pool party in a few hours....Right now FC is 5. We are expecting approx. 20 kids age 14. How much bleach should I add to last the whole party? Party is from 2 pm to 7 pm. (if that matters)

Thanks in advance!!!!!

If you normally hold the pool at 5.....adding another 2-3 ppm should be good. Then readjust FC level when the party is over. See the poolcalculator in pool school for your volume and how much to add. Half gallon or so is my guess. Can you post a set of test numbers?

You can swim at under shock level but no need to go that high, IMO. Just to top of normal range, or maybe 1 - 2 higher. If you are worried, test mid-party and pull kids out for popsicles while you add and circulate bleach.

Maybe. I'll bet pool is dull at best. I'd raise to shock level overnight, let the pool have a day to discharge CCs, then decide.
Maybe then do OCLT the next night, if loss noted, do a proper shock. Call me lazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Formula27 said:
Just interested, I'm having a similar party this weekend, except the kids are adults and the popsicles are beer. How did your levels hold up? What did you do?

I acutally had kids and adults recently. It was a party that went from 2:00pm until 1:00 am. People literally swam the entire time. I bumped my FC up from my normal 8 to 10 before the party. The morning after the party I backwashed (we were almost due before the party) and dropped the auto cleaner in the pool. My FC was at 4, and pool was cloudy. I bumped it back to 10 and pool was nice and clear in a few hours.

Just bump the chlorine up. Last weekend we had a party of about 48 people and We had 25+ people in our pool all at one time, kids and adults. Our party lasted 10 hours. The next day the pool was a bit cloudy however my chlorine level was a bit low. Ran the filter and in a couple of hours the pool was clear and sparkly :cheers: :cheers:

CopyofDSCN9722.jpg

We had a small pool party today. Actually, my wife did more than me; I was at a train show with my club. But I knew it was going to happen, so I vacuumed last night and gave it 2 extra ppm FC. Before I took off this morning, I doublechecked pH and FC, and everything was perfect.

Came home to find a couple of adults out of the pool, a couple in the pool, and 3 kids, including a 2 year old in swim diapers and a 4 year old. They liked the hot tub, it had that nice shelf to run around on.

After they left, the water looked a little cloudy. So I dumped half a gallon in and brushed things around a little. It's already looking better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.