merl

Mar 8, 2011
I have not added salt to the pool in 2 weeks and the salt level keeps creeping up. I was at a steady 3000 to 3100 daily, I did not check salt in 2 says and now this morning I am up to 3500.
How can the salt level rise without added salt? Confused I am.

The actual salt level can't be changing that much unless you added salt. On the other hand, it is very common for the salt reading to vary from 3,000 to 3,100, but not so common for it to get up to 3,500. The first thing to understand is that the salt meters aren't all that precise and can give different readings on the same water. Usually that variation will be within +-200. However, if the water temperature has changed significantly the variation in salt readings could be larger.

I just checked the salt reading and now it is 3600! I am adding water as I am a little low, but somehow someway I have increased from 3000 on 7/5 to 3600 on 3/15 and I have not added any salt. Should I call for service on the Jandy box?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.