filter question

Hi all!

I'm helping my daughter (her fiancee is working away) who are first time pool owners. The pool is an inground pool 16x 32. The filter is a Jacuzzi Laser 225.

She tried to get the local pool people around here to open it but gave up when they didn't return. So her and I are trying to open the pool for the first time.

So far, we have removed the winter cover. The water was BLACK. We scooped out as much leaves as we could (remember can't see).

Poured jugs of chlorine in (I think 5 maybe). The water is now green. Went to pool place bought "shock". Told to use 2kg (that was yesterday) water still green. Added algaecide (sorry if spelled wrong) as per directions given at pool place. If water is still green we were told to repeat the process.

Any suggestions to help us would be greatly appreciated.

Also, it says to backwash the filter if the gauge is above normal; however, it doesn't say what is normal. Would anyone have an idea what range we would be aiming for????

Dolorosa & daugher:):)

If it is your daughter's pool, the best help you could give her is for her to come on the forum and learn first-hand how to manage her pool. If she does not learn on her own, the pool will quickly return to a black swamp.

It really depends on the filter and system downstream. If you haven't already backwashed it, then do that. When you start it back in the filter mode make a note of the pressure on the gauge, this will be the "normal" pressure. Backwash when filter pressure rises 10psi over the starting pressure.

If your going to do this yourself... just like me I'm a mechanic, I have to have all of the proper tools in my toolbox to do my job correctly.
My biggest advice is go online here and buy a TF-100XL testing kit, without this proper tool your really making it too hard to do and you will most likely give up. :oops:
http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html
My TF-100XL kit is the best tool in my toolbox, not only has fixed my pool, it now keeps my pool a Trouble Free Pool! :whoot:

Chuck

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.