Aqua Logic Salt Too High - Cholrinator Off High Salt/Amps

Add me to the list as well. Solder joint looked just like the pic and ps-4 had 40v and 10 amp readings (approx). Repaired the joint, replaced the 20amp fuse with a 15 and now volts and amps are reading correctly. Back in business - thanks very much.

Re: Aqua Logic Salt Too High - Cholrinator Off High Salt/Amp

I have low amps (0.4),000ppm salt reading. But Voltage is high (30v.). I have done the K1 soldering fix in the past. Is this the same or different problem? Any suggestions??
Thanks

Hi All,
I have Pro Logic P4 from Goldline and T-5 Cell. I'm having the same issue : 0ppm ; 0.3Amp and +30V. When i run a diagnostic, Voltage will reverse polarity and give me the same range of volts, just negative and vice versa.
What do you recommend ?

I re-soldered my K1 and it worked good for about a minute then went back to HI salt after a new T-15 hayward cell was installed. I took it off and tried to resolder again so hope it fixed it. If now how hard is it to replace K1?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

PROBLEM RESOLVED!

The issue was caused by a broken/weak solder point on the K1 relay.

I found out the same thing and soldered a nice thick piece of wire from the fat relay lead to the two other leads that stick out so no chance of burning the thin pc board. Been working just fine since! I saw on your board there was another area starting to burn. I would solder a thick wire for that one also bc it will ultimately have the same problem.

I like the idea about a 15amp fuse!

I found out the same thing and soldered a nice thick piece of wire from the fat relay lead to the two other leads that stick out so no chance of burning the thin pc board. Been working just fine since! I saw on your board there was another area starting to burn. I would solder a thick wire for that one also bc it will ultimately have the same problem.

I like the idea about a 15 amp fuse!

Can you send a pic of FAT lead wire you mention.

My system is a Aqua Logic ps-8 I think
I have replaced k1 re-soldered heavily. Checked wire connections and all I could think, recrimped leads on some. I do not see anything else. I also replaced the 20 amp to 15 amp.

I do now show in diagnostics initial voltage on start up 40v 10.2 amp 2200 ppm after replacing k1 while before just 0 0 and then shut down no power (the default screen shows salt 3600 ppm) It tries and shows error high salt/high amp few times then stops with no cell power

I had replaced the original hayward cell with appropriate power compupool model just prior to k1 relay swap. The zero power is what pushed me to relay replacement.

This has been awful -- 4 months.
HHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPP 11111

I like the idea about a 15amp fuse!

Could you please send me a detailed pic and explanation of how and where you attached this wire for the K1 relay. This problem has been giving me a headache for the past 2 weeks.

PROBLEM RESOLVED!

The issue was caused by a broken/weak solder point on the K1 relay. I learned from some other discussion boards that this is common problem with the Aqua Logic/Hayward boards. The K1 relay did not need to be replaced. It only needed to be re-soldered. I will attempt to attach a picture. To check if this might be your problem, unscrew the mother board and turn it over, if there is black smoke/burn marks at the K1 relay solder point, this is likely your problem. It was an easy soldering job to heat up the soldering joint and add a little solder. Very simple and it saved me $600+ to replace the mother board.

I am shocked at how common this problem is but did not find any info on this board, so am passing it along. I also learned a couple other things from the other boards. 1st: high amps can "blow" the solder joint and that high amps are most often caused by salt levels being too high. For me, it was my practice to add salt directly to the skimmer boxes. This would certainly cause an extremely high salinity level as the salt was being dissolved and pulled through the system. In the future, I will turn off my turbocell before adding salt. 2nd: the motherboard has a 20 amp fuse on it. Unfortunately it seems the Amp limit on the relay is 20 amps too. It has been strongly recommended to replace the 20 amp fuse with a 15 Amp fuse to thus protect the relay and the K1 solder point. I intend to do this tomorrow.

I hope others find this info useful.

worked great. thanks for the help. DIY4Life.

I could use some help here... I, too had this K1 solder problem a while back and found the solution on this forum. A little glob of solder on the back of the board and problem was solved. Fast forward a few years - T-15 cell was replaced with generic replacement from Compupool and worked fine for a long time. Now, I'm getting the high salt/amps message. The salt level in the pool is actually quite low, around 1900-2600ppm. I've been meaning to add salt, but now that I've discovered this problem, I'm not sure what to do. I took the board off and my little glob of solder from before is still intact. Just to be sure, I globbed a little more on there - but it hasn't solved the problem.

Low salt and little glob of solder is good. What else could cause this error...?

Please help!!

JT

(this is a goldline aqua-logic ps-4, I think...)

Thanks!

I could use some help here... I, too had this K1 solder problem a while back and found the solution on this forum. A little glob of solder on the back of the board and problem was solved. Fast forward a few years - T-15 cell was replaced with generic replacement from Compupool and worked fine for a long time. Now, I'm getting the high salt/amps message. The salt level in the pool is actually quite low, around 1900-2600ppm. I've been meaning to add salt, but now that I've discovered this problem, I'm not sure what to do. I took the board off and my little glob of solder from before is still intact. Just to be sure, I globbed a little more on there - but it hasn't solved the problem.

Low salt and little glob of solder is good. What else could cause this error...?

Please help!!

JT

(this is a goldline aqua-logic ps-4, I think...)

Thanks!

I'm at this same point. Have tried the re=solder on the K-1. No help. Went from High Salt/High Amps to no cell power. This is a new T-15 cell that replaced the same about 2 months ago. Hayward says I need a new board. Found a new one on Amazon for $369. Going to test cell before installing board though. Will update...

I'm at this same point. Have tried the re=solder on the K-1. No help. Went from High Salt/High Amps to no cell power. This is a new T-15 cell that replaced the same about 2 months ago. Hayward says I need a new board. Found a new one on Amazon for $369. Going to test cell before installing board though. Will update...

UPDATE - Tested cell and it was bad. Installed new cell (warranty) and still getting the same error. So I went ahead and changed the board. Now it's all working properly.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.