Why an intex pool needs to be level .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I can see the review they leave now..... "Spent $xxx. on this pool and it didn't even last one season. Intex is junk, don't buy." Lol. Mine is about 1 1/2 inches off and I can't get my husband to fix it, he's worried about breaking the T at the top. (Ultra-frame)

The Intex is pretty inexpensive, I paid $320 a few weeks ago for the 18' round x 48" deep. I consider it disposable! That said, mine I don't feel is so unlevel that it may fall over. Im on a phone with Tapatalk and can not see the op's picture. I wonder how bad it is??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ummmmmmmmm, well at least we can see just how durable they are, how long has it been like that?

Be sure to post back WITH pictures when it folds up, now that would be something worth showing people "Why an Intex pool Needs to be level".

That pics scares me and I don't live anywhere near it, lol.

Wow, I copied the link to my phones browser to view this, and I'm impressed, that pool goes up and down, and then up and down. It reminds me of one of those amusement park rides for the young kids that is basically a circular track that waves up and down as the car travels around.

That thing is going to likely come apart! I bet it will be a hoot to witness!! I'd love to be in it when it blows a side out.

That there is some funny stuff.:grin:

People need to use a few bits of common sense. I know not many of us read directions when we put things together, but I'm sure it says to "keep level" in large letters in more than once place, and anyone who has carried water knows how much weight it has.

I just hope no ones kids get hurt !

PAGirl said:
I can see the review they leave now..... "Spent $xxx. on this pool and it didn't even last one season. Intex is junk, don't buy." Lol. Mine is about 1 1/2 inches off and I can't get my husband to fix it, he's worried about breaking the T at the top. (Ultra-frame)

He might be right. I don''t think 1.5 inches is worth taking the risk. I was thinking of emptying mine at the end of the summer..(down here in Florida it's probably around the end of October), just enough to put a paver or something thicker underneath the legs and leveling them out that way. :cool:

Suziqzer said:
People need to use a few bits of common sense. I know not many of us read directions when we put things together, but I'm sure it says to "keep level" in large letters in more than once place, and anyone who has carried water knows how much weight it has.

I just hope no ones kids get hurt !
From the manual I looked at:
The area where the pool is set up must be absolutely flat and level. Do not set up the pool on a slope or inclined surface.

That is all they say. These are horrible instructions because everyone interprets differently what "absolutely flat and level" is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.