Algae bloom...again

Ziora

Jul 24, 2007
Southeast
My pool is 20,000 gallons, vinyl, no water features, Hayward super pump, sand filter. It is 88F.

I used my Taylor K-2006 for the first time tonight. I love it :) I have been battling what I think is mustard algae, so I shocked it to what the pool calc recommended. If anyone would be inclined to offer advice, it is appreciated.

CYA 32 ppm
FC 4.4 ppm (shocked to 20)
TA 100 ppm
CC 0

I am wondering how I can have algae and no CC. I also wonder why it is advised to keep TA at 100 when using Trichlor in a vinyl pool. I am using the pucks right now to add CYA. At what percentage of my CYA should I keep the FC level?

I have been having the hardest time keeping algae at bay this year so I am doing something wrong. I have a good test kit now, and shocked according to the pool calculator, so I am on the right track. I even added 4 oz. of polyquat 60 a few days ago, but still I have an algae bloom.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Welcome to the forum :lol:
and shocked according to the pool calculator
You dosed the pool one time to attain shock level but you didn't shock the pool. Carefully read the article in Pool School on How To Shock your Pool and you will find it is a process that can last a few days rather than the one-time dose you applied.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.