Intex 2650 Sand Filter Base Dimensions.....building base

here is my 2100gph with the SWG. mine is 4x3.......[attachment=1:204chex4]19607.jpg[/attachment:204chex4][attachment=0:204chex4]60721.jpg[/attachment:204chex4]

Attachments

• 19607.jpg
    19607.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 414
  • 60721.jpg
    60721.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 410
George_ did you get your Sand Filter System yet?... Got mine earlier today and had it hooked up in about 30 minutes. This thing is great, really moves the water. Going to buy an outdoor timer and run it a couple of hours in the night and then a couple of hours during the day.

Yes I did. Got it yesterday morning and my neighbor hooked me up with a 36x36 A/C condensor pad to put it on!
I ran it for 5 hours yesterday and 10 hours today and my water is Dang close to crystal clear. It had been extremely cloudy (really needed to vacuum, but couldn't with the other filter) and the 637R pump running 24/7 for ever could never do what this filter did in hours :whoot: I'm very happy.

I haven't decided yet how I want to run it, but defintely need to have it going early morning so the skimmer can get all of the bugs that came to the pool party, but never left.

Hey Greg...
maybe you can answer this one. On Intex's site they list this model filter as 2100 GPH (even though the box says 2650.) But on Amazon they list another 16" sand filter which in it's specs says the pump is upgraded to 2650 vs. 2100 of the older model. And that one sells for $50 more. You posted some info in my other thread so maybe you know what the deal is with that. Is there an "older" model and why the 2 price differences?

I couldn't figure out why the $50.00 more either and they have the same model # to. This is the best thing i ever did though my water is crystal clear i have had it for 3 weeks i fought with cloudy water all last year and the beginning of this year with the 637r running 24/7 so far i am running this one 8hrs and could probably only run it 6 hrs overall i am well pleased everyone with an Intex pool should invest in one.

George_ said:
Hey Greg...
maybe you can answer this one. On Intex's site they list this model filter as 2100 GPH (even though the box says 2650.) But on Amazon they list another 16" sand filter which in it's specs says the pump is upgraded to 2650 vs. 2100 of the older model. And that one sells for $50 more. You posted some info in my other thread so maybe you know what the deal is with that. Is there an "older" model and why the 2 price differences?

I'm not 100% sure. Everything I've seen tells me they are the same pump. To me it seems Intex decided to advertise the Max output spec, change their packaging and charge more for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a picture on my system sitting on a 5' x 8' wooden deck.

pooldeck35.jpg

:cheers:

One reason I installed the hose spigot was to help with the testing of the plumbing joints for leaks. After I got everything plumbed I closed the ball valves at the skimmer and pool fittings and hooked up a water hose and turn the water on. Basically I used it to provide pressure in the system to check for leaks.

The other reason for the spigot was to help with the priming of the whole system. I just open up the spigot a few seconds at the initial startup for the pump to relieve the air pressure and then close it. If you look at the pressure gauge on the filter you will see the green "Safe" section is only to about 5 psi. The Intex hoses that come with this filter/pump is very restrictive and doesn't allow a whole lot of water movement through the system. Once you take the hoses off and add free flowing PVC into the system the flow rate and pressure will rise dramatically and provide a much better water filtration system overall. The base PSI reading on my system went from about 6 PSI with the hoses to about 11 PSI when I went to PVC.

:cheers:

crookm11 said:
If you look at the pressure gauge on the filter you will see the green "Safe" section is only to about 5 psi. The Intex hoses that come with this filter/pump is very restrictive and doesn't allow a whole lot of water movement through the system. Once you take the hoses off and add free flowing PVC into the system the flow rate and pressure will rise dramatically and provide a much better water filtration system overall. The base PSI reading on my system went from about 6 PSI with the hoses to about 11 PSI when I went to PVC.
If I recall, my gauge shows green until 11 or so and is sitting at 8-9 after a couple days. If that pressure goes up when hard-plumbed then that would put me clearly into the yellow area. Being the noob that I am, isn't that not where you want to be running your filter?

Intex may have changed the pressure gauge for the more recent model. Reguardless of what the gauge says the filter has a working pressure of 50 PSI. With that being said as long as you have the correct amount of sand in the filter you will be fine at what ever pressure you have. All pumping systems are different. even system plumbed the same will have different reading on the gauge.

I will take a picture of my pressure gauge when I get home to show you the difference my system changed in pressure going from hoses to PVC.

I found some interesting info on the discussion of the 16" pump ratings....

After ordering my filter I went around the Internet searching for the manual in .pdf form and found it (wasn't easy.) Last night I decided to compare the 2 and noticed they were different; not much, but different. What is interesting is the .pdf I got had the number 127 in the upper-right corner along with a date of 9/2009 in the header (the Amazon listing everyone here bought says 9/2009.) Under specs the pump is rated at a max of 2100GPH. Now the printed manual that came with my new filter has the number 127-1 in the upper-right corner and the specs list the pump with a max of 2650GPH.

So, maybe there really is a newer model and we got it?!?!
...Or they changed the way they rated the pump???

I haven't looked at mine yet but I think the best place to look for the rateings would be on the pump itself. Manuals can be changed at anytime. Marketing can be tricky also when a company wants to sell their products. All I know is my pump works great. :cheers:

folks, am new to the site but checking your pools out. They look awesome! I like the hard plumbing. Was wondering about your pool wall skimmer. Am assuming it's custom. how low does you pool level need to be? How under the seam does it need to be? would like to some details on how to do and which one works best.

pool light looks good too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.