Droid App - Wrote my Own

kenmar said:
dremin2flyhi,

Thanks! I have been a developer for 17 years. Ya know what I just realized? The importance of good copy/ paste skills. The code is similar for all the different chem levels, so I copied it... my mistake was that I did not update a variable. I left it as the calcium hardness range instead of the salt range.

Thanks again!

-Ken-

Good code design avoids the need for copy paste, as it usually comes back to bite you many times ;)

I have a BlackBerry phone and PlayBook. Your existing Android code should easily convert to be used on the PlayBook by following the directions here. I would love to see it available on the PB, and it would further port directly to RIM's upcoming BB10 for phones.

I don't know what it takes to get apps listed in RIM's marketplace, but that might be a further avenue for you.

IL_WS,

For the time being, SimplePool will remain an Android only app.
I am the only developer and there is just too much involved with supporting other platforms right now.
There are few more significant enhancements I want to complete.
Once that done, then I might consider porting to another platform.

-Ken-

Glad you're still working on it Ken! It's a great app & I use it all the time.

@IL_WS - PlayBook has some great abilities to run android APK's, SimplePool should load & run fine that way

Ken,

Can you provide me (or point me to) the APK file for SimplePool Lite? I will do my own experimentation porting this into the PlayBook. Looking forward to playing with it, but I don't know enough about the Android platform to find the APK file.

IL_WS said:
Can you provide me (or point me to) the APK file for SimplePool Lite? I will do my own experimentation porting this into the PlayBook. Looking forward to playing with it, but I don't know enough about the Android platform to find the APK file.

Try here:
http://www.apkbrain.com/Games/Simple-Pool-86386.html

May be other better sites to get this from; but I think this one is legit and respected from what I have read.

Oh and when you need to convert the APK to BAR try this link for details: http://crackberry.com/how-sign-convert- ... ows-or-mac

Very useful, useable and complete app. Thanks so much!
Some humble suggestions/requests for additions when you want to have some "fun" programming ;)

1. My muriatic acid is 14.5% (from OSH) which ain't on the list. Might you add it please?

2. Might you add some additional "measure" fields for setpoints? E.g. Liquidator flow rate, or a SWG setting, or an acid dosing pump setting, or pump run time, etc.?
Ideally we could name them ourselves, but even setting1, 2 3 would be great. A one or two decimal place number? Of course we'd want these to appear on graphs, in the database and in the galactic archive on gamma triinguli five :)

3. I assume you intend to revise the pressure measurement to be a pressure @ flow rate (psi@gpm), two variable data set as I see a reference to it in the todo list.

BTW, works great on my Google Nexus 7 w/ Android 4.1.1.

Thanks again!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just want to give Ken props on a great program. I've used it since opening my pool a couple weeks ago and it works great! I ran into a little SNAFU of my own making and he helped me solve the problem right away. You don't get service like that very much anymore. Thank you!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.