Droid App - Wrote my Own

Honestly, I'm probably both happier and would get better results just being able to export data to csv as a generic format that I can import to and manipulate in excel.

I'm just maintaining my own small pool, am in no rush for fancy! I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on a feature already in place......

To be honest Ken, I'm just tickled that you're still working the program, and I hope the funds generated are making it worth your time!
Thank you!!!!!

Believe me, I do not consider this a money making venture. I could go out for ONE nice dinner with what I earned so far.
I think of this more as a novel I am trying to complete, or a gardner trying to grow the perfect rose. I truely enjoy writing this code, solving problems, and the feedback from people who find value in my work.

-Ken-

another thought, and I'm guessing that I'm the only one since I suspect most can keep the number in their head easily enough, but.....

Any chance of a field to enter FC?
I know the app does it's own math, and the number only needs to be remembered for a moment till I work out the CC & add for the TC. Alas, I'll admit there are some nights where I like an alcoholic beverage or three with my chem testing....

Or do I just need to butch up and find a pencil? :) :)

Another thing that would be nice is an easy way to start from the Trouble Free Pool defaults and customize them, I have an indoor pool and follow the level advice given here, which includes keeping 20-30 ppm of CYA as a buffering agent.

Ike

@ Isaac-1

I'm not sure I understand your request for easy changes to defaults-

If you go into the Defaults screen, and change the "Level Goals" from TFP to Custom, then click the now active "Set Custom Levels" button, you then have access to each value & the TFP defaults are still in place- allowing you to only change what you want...

At least that was the path I followed, & thought it was easy. But remembering my FC level for two minutes is too much for me... :)

Galaxy Nexus 4.0.4 , having issues.
It will not download, I get this error.
a6f96346-48bb-305f.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ken
First I would like to thank you for all your hard work and for making my pool easier to take care of.
I noticed that when I tried to save adjustments they would not save when I hit the save button when the number keyboard was up, but the little box pops up and says record saved. If I hit the enter key on the number keyboard when it is up, the number keyboard goes away, and I can hit the save button at the bottom and the information will be saved.
This only happens on the adjustment menu I can hit the save button on the number keyboard with measure menu and info is saved.
Mike

Hi Ken
I finally solved my phone problems and have been able to install the Lite version of SimplePool and like it very much. Nice job!
As I recall, you previously said, in the near future, updates will no longer support Android OS 2.1. My phone is pretty much a dinosaur and can't be updated beyond 2.1. So, my question is, will I be able to continue to use the current version, particularly the upgraded paid version? I don't expect to be upgrading my phone any time soon but would like to be able to use the current versions of SimplePool, even if I can't get future upgrades.

Is there any way (short of making an additional new data entry) of correcting a saved set of measurements? An erroneous piece of data sort of screws up the graphing history, unless there is some way of either correcting it or, alternately, deleting that data set and re-entering it.

garyduse said:
Is there any way (short of making an additional new data entry) of correcting a saved set of measurements? An erroneous piece of data sort of screws up the graphing history, unless there is some way of either correcting it or, alternately, deleting that data set and re-entering it.

From the main screen, if you go to your menu, you will see an option to "edit levels" clicking this will give you entry dates to select the one you need to correct.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ken great program as everyone who uses it has said as you know.

I've been using the Pro version since it became available for my route. I know it has sync and export features already but they are limited in their functionality. I have a couple of capabilities or functions that could make this app one of the tops for our industry.

You may want to consider having 3 levels of the app LITE EDITION (Free, Limited Functions, Ad Supported), PRO EDITION (As is currently, plus additional features listed below) and PRO PLUS EDITION (same as Proposed Pro Edition with additional listed features)

Proposed added features for the following:

PRO EDITION
1. Full Customer(contact) Data Entry (name, address, pool size,notes,location).
2. Multiple Custom Settings (BBB,Traditional,Multiple Custom).
3. Custom Email for test results or any information to client (HTML or TEXT).
4. Export to Excel, CSV and other formats TBD.
5. Schedule function with reminder ability
6. Volume Calculator

PRO PLUS EDITION (all of the above plus)
1. Customer GEO LOCATION (GPS ENABLED).
2. Add Photos (Pool/Spa, Equipment or any other)
3. Navigation, Routing Option (GPS ENABLED)
4. Desktop Application or Plug-In**
5. Sync w/ Desktop Application**
6. Desktop App Launches Default Email Program For Emails
7. Desktop Exports to Excel, CSV and other formats TBD

**Understanding a full blown desktop version may not be feasible for you at this time, but perhaps some type of seamless browser edition plug in similar to the way Koush's DeskSMS works. Koushik's pretty approachable over at XDA maybe he can suggest something.

If not keep up the good work and perhaps work on getting your program noticed, a simple search of the term "simple pool" at least 1000 results and no listing in first 3 pages, except for a game entitled the same, "Swimming pool chemistry" 14 results and none are Simple Pool. "Pool Chemistry" 38 results none are Simple Pool, "Pool Maintenance" 238 results Pool Simple Lite on page 3, I gave up at page 5 trying to find the Pro version.

According to Google the average person doesn't go more than 2 pages into a search query, I know that's true for me.

Thanks for everything

EDIT: Duped a function in Pro Plus suggestions.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.