Droid App - Wrote my Own

One suggestion: include the shock chart based on CYA. So if shocking is needed (like mine did this weekend) we can instantly see what level to raise chlorine to and how much bleach it will take

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hi All,

I have updated SimplePool:

Changes:

* Users can now define their own custom ranges (for most levels.)
* Database update to support custom levels.
* Performance improvements.

As always, any suggestions, bug reports, or feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Ken-

Ken, thanks for all you are doing to make this a better app. I appreciate your giving us the ability to define our own ranges, because I like to keep my PH lower than the top of the range. These are my requests:

1. I hope you will be able to add the multiple pool capability as I have a pool and a stand alone hot tub. I am using your app on the pool and the pool calculator on the hot tub. It will be nice to be able to do both and have all the seldom checked levels such as CYA & CH remembered on my Droid.

2. One other request is for the user to be able to define whether he is measuring TC or FC depending on his testing equipment.

Thanks for a great app.

...because I like to keep my PH lower than the top of the range.

To do this using SimplePool, set your custom range so that the midpoint of the range is your target.
For example, if you want to drive your pool to 7.2, set the custom range to something like 7.1 - 7.3.
As long as your pH tests between 7.1 and 7.3, SimplePool will assume your pH is balanced. Once you test outside that range, it will provide suggestions to bring your water back to 7.2.

Ken, once again, excellent app! :cheers: :party: Thanks for putting suggestion/bug list in the first post. I did not notice the "Friendly Reminder" suggestion.

Two more requests.

On the Defaults screen, when I select Bleach as my method of chlorination, can you provide various %'s ie... 5.25, 6, 10, 12.5. this suggestion feeds into the next suggestion.

On the Advice screen, base the advice off of the % bleach selected in the defaults or add the various %'s to the "More Options"

Also, by chance I just found a small bug. :shock: I noticed when I "Edit Levels Log", I had an entry at 8:07 PM and another at 9:00 PM (two different days). I use 24-hour clock and in the log the time shows as 20:7 and 21:0 respectively. when I edit the entry, the time appears correct.

5 more suggestions/request.

1. On the "Adjust" screen, can you make it remember your last chemical selection, ie... I am always using 6% bleach but every time I enter the "Adjust" screen the default bleach is 5.25%. Can this be driven by the entry in the defaults screen? (suggestion from my last post)

2. When editing/viewing records, can you add "Previous" & "Next" buttons to cycle through the records

3. When viewing a records list, can you add a confirmation for record delete. "Are you sure you want to delete this record?" I accidently deleted a couple records because of fat fingers and one time I fell asleep while playing with the app.

4. On the graph screen add a "back" button to bring you back to the "Charting Options" screen

5. On the graph screen, can you make it so when I tap a data point it opens that record?

1. On the "Adjust" screen, can you make it remember your last chemical selection, ie... I am always using 6% bleach but every time I enter the "Adjust" screen the default bleach is 5.25%. Can this be driven by the entry in the defaults screen? (suggestion from my last post)
My plan is to make it remember the last chemical selection you used.

2. When editing/viewing records, can you add "Previous" & "Next" buttons to cycle through the records
Definately doable, I will have to see how much work is involved.

3. When viewing a records list, can you add a confirmation for record delete. "Are you sure you want to delete this record?" I accidently deleted a couple records because of fat fingers and one time I fell asleep while playing with the app.
Yes, my wife suggested that also... There will be more error checking in the next version.

4. On the graph screen add a "back" button to bring you back to the "Charting Options" screen
This is already done on my internal version and will be in the next release.

5. On the graph screen, can you make it so when I tap a data point it opens that record?
I will see if that is possible.

I am probably at least a week from releasing another version.
I am currently making some major changes to the charting engine.
The next version will allow you to chart the effects of your adjustments (as bar charts) against your measurements (as line charts.)
It's kinda of a PITA because I have to rip out alot of the existing charting code to make this work the way I want to.
I can probably also include the code to save your last adjustment selection at that time.
There will also be a number of smaller UI enhancements.

Again, I really appreciate your suggestions!

-Ken-

Ken,

I found your app today. I have been using another app, but I like yours better because of the BBB support.

My two wishes are:
1) View a table of my previous readings, because I don't treat every symptom after one reading. I like to watch the trends.
2) I also support the request to email the data. At the end of the day I keep my notes on a PC, because I am sure I will dunk my phone soon.

I didn't mention the name of the other app, because I haven't read the posting rules yet.

Mike

Mike

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks mfinta,

1) Can you describe a bit more what you are looking for with regards to the "table of data?"

2) Yes, there will be some mechanism to backup/email data.

BTW, I am trying to get a new update out by the end of the month.

Thanks again,

-Ken-

Ken,

The table of data I was thinking of would be something like this:

Date Free Ch Alk PH Calc Cyan Acid Temp Pressure Notes
7-24-2011 19 0 7.3 0 0 88 10
7-23-2011 20 130 7.2 120 0 86 0
7-20-2011 20 140 7.3 130 100 86 0

(When I post this, the spacing on the table doesn't come across clean.)

I guess you could call it a different representation of the graphs.

When I go to your "Edit Log History" page, I want to see all the log data.

Mike

Been waiting for an Android application for a while... thanks. I just downloaded it to my Xoom and will let you know how it works.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.