Wood Inground pool

Jun 30, 2011
My wife and I are new to the forum we are just starting to get estimates. We got one today and the guy is recommending a wood inground pool. The side walls are made from wolmanized pressure treated wood. He says they will last longer than galvanized steel. I had heard about them but never considered it. Would like to hear from others.

By the way the two estimates for a 14X28 rectangle
Salt system
auto vacuums
concrete apron with aluminum coping both

$20,700 for the one with steel walls and De filter
$24,795 for wood walls and sand filter

Steve and Shirll
Marietta Georgia

The only one I have seen done was I think in GA also with pic from one of our members and posted here last year if you are willing to search a bit :goodjob:

I'm sure it would be fine...but that construction method is a bit outdated, I think...hopefully some in the industry folks can share their opinions.

Wood pools originated in the late 1960's and were sold throughout the US. The wood, at that time, was cypress from Florida. It too had a lifetime warranty which was great, provided you died within 15-20 years. After that, the wood was rotted through and, of course, the builder was out of business.
With 20 years experience in swimming pool rehab, there is no doubt that polymer will last considerably longer than wood or galvanized steel. Good luck with your new pool. -Bill Nash

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.