Legs in the air

Jul 9, 2011
We have a 15x48 pool. This is the 2nd year 3 to 4 legs come off the ground. The legs don't seem to be moving on the other side. We've had our same liner for 4 years. Could it be stretching? Poured a concrete slab for the pool. First 3 years it never did this. Now this is the second year of "liner rolling". Any suggestions on cause and prevention?

Do you have any pictures of the pool showing the legs off of the ground?
Do you have the rope around the bottom of the legs?
Are the legs installed between the "white Band" and the pool liner?
Are the legs straight up and down or are they being pushed outward at the bottom?
Answers to these questions may help with a resolution.

:cheers:

[attachment=0:1y6u796e]photo-1.JPG[/attachment:1y6u796e]Here are a few pictures. Notice the white is the liner bulging out. The legs are about 6.5 inches off the ground. I need help. I love my pool. We are draining it to half and are going to try to pull the legs down and tighten the rope.

At this time I cannot figure out how to attach a photo....grrrr here?[attachment=1:1y6u796e]photo.JPG[/attachment:1y6u796e]

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 310
  • photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 306
Your slab is no longer level, or your liner has weakened and stretched. My AG Intex 15' isn't level and I see a little white but my legs don't lift like that. That can't be safe at all. Also, check the rope for damage or stretching. I had to replace my rope after one season, it frayed pretty bad from UV damage. I bought some replacement at Lowes and really made sure it was tight.

Thanks all for the tips/help. We have drained the pool and purchased another one. I think the liner just stretched out. Last summer the rope was very brittle and became loose. This same thing happened last year (the liner bulging & legs lifting). This year we got a new rope, but I think it stretched causing the legs to move ....? We will be checking the slab to see how level it is before we put the new pool up. Draining the pool was not a popular choice with our kids. Oh well, safety first! Thanks again for your help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
crek31 said:
I've read on here some people replace the rope with a strap with a ratchet.

I assume you mean something like a tie down ratchet used for cargo. Where does one get 50+ feet of that? That would be perfect as it is much stronger than rope! Just wonder what it costs?

notluf said:
crek31 said:
I've read on here some people replace the rope with a strap with a ratchet.

I assume you mean something like a tie down ratchet used for cargo. Where does one get 50+ feet of that? That would be perfect as it is much stronger than rope! Just wonder what it costs?
Used 5 ratchet straps around ours. They came in a set of four tie downs at lowes, and extras are always good to have to tie stuff down. Anywho they are like 15' long. Just release them almost all the way out and connect them all together using the hooks. Then you can adjust each ratchet individually as you work your way around tightening everything up :)

I'd definitely check that slab before installing the new pool - the way the liner is rolled under like that would seem to indicate the center of gravity of the water is shifting downhill and that the slab is no longer level. Also, is that line in the concrete in the second picture (right side, below the 2nd leg visible on the right, running horizontally) a crack? If so and if it extends across the concrete under the pool, the structure of the slab may have broken and settled down at that point due to the weight of the water in the pool. If this is the case, the problem could appear less severe right now (without the weight of the water on it) as it may rebound up at the crack when the weight is removed.

I also don't know if I'd install the pool that close to the edge of the slab - at least two of the feet on the extreme left edge side in the first picture appear to have some air under parts of them....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.