Help with Caretaker 99 pop up system

Koop

Jul 9, 2011
Mesa Arizona
I just bought a house and it has the Caretaker 99 pop up cleaner system. The only pop up that semi-works is the one on the first step. All of the other pop ups stay completely flush with the floor of the pool. I was wondering if the gearbox could be the problem or if it is just a crappy system that gets bad reviews and I should just abandon it completely until we get the floor of the pool redone. The pressure valve at the gearbox looks really old and it only says that there is 7 lbs of pressure when the pump is on. I admit that I don't know much about pools or there cleaning systems but I am more that happy to learn. I appreciate any help that I could get with this matter. Thanks

I think your percentages are bit exaggerated Doc. Caretakers usually last a long time. If only one head pops up, 99% of the time its the gear box. Its either got some debris in the mechanism or it's stripped. Most times, it's the former. If it was a Paramount, then it would likely be the latter.

Scott

There is an in-line strainer screen right above the distributor head. Open the union and check that to make sure that it is clean.

Also, make sure that your cartridge filter is clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.