Pool water smells salty

Tested FC at 9:00pm last night, it was 28. Tested FC at 7:00am, it was 27, CC =0. Tested FC at 12:30pm, it was 26, CC=0. Water is still crystal clear and does not smell salty. I will let FC go down and test again tonight after sunset and tomorrow morning. If overnight FC loss is 1 or less, I think I will be done, correct?

Thanks but it still bothers me that I cannot figure out what exactly happened to the pool water. I test FC and Ph evey night and maintain FC at a higher level to try to keep anything from growing. If I had not been in the pool during those few warm evenings, I would not have smelled the change in the water.

Butterfly said:
Always, always, always trust YOUR testing over Pool Store tests!

I just want to say that I DO trust my testing over the Pool Store's. After I got the TF100 test kit, I only let them test the water when I visit the store for the first or second time. Knowing what I know now, it is interesting to hear them explain their test results to me and of course their recommendations as to which products to buy, etc. That makes me appreciate the honest and helpful comments on this forum even more. Among the few pool stores that I visited since I joined this forum, there is one store that tested my pool water and he actually said that the water was in good condition and did not recommend any products to me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.