Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coving for an inground pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Coving for an inground pool

I have an inground pool that has plastic coping around the top edge of the pool. It is held in place with small pieces of plastic clips. Both the coping and clips come off easily. Is there anything out there that I can use to replace the plastic. I was told metal coping has to be put into the concrete when it is poured . I have a 16 by 34 oval shaped pool. Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Myrtle Beach, SC aka Redneck Riveria

Re: Coving for an inground pool

You can try Saran Wrap or plastic as a buffer to tighten the plastic strips. Kind of like a "washer" if you will.
    "When your pool is sick, call the doctor, I make house calls"
    One stop pool shop, I do everything but install them. 9+ years of experience.

3. Back To Top    #3

Lancaster, PA

Re: Coving for an inground pool

Was your pool built by Fox Pools? they are the only ones that I have come across that use the vinyl coping. I am in the process of getting quotes for an IG installation, and was wondering how the vinyl coping holds up. I guess from this post, i should assume it doesn't hold up well!
    16 x 32 vinyl In-ground Lagoon; Shallow pool 3' to 5'; Buddy Seat; IntelliBrite 5g LED; Pool Pilor Digital SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 320; Pentair Intelliflo VS + SVRS; Pentair Sand Shark. My Construction Thread - Spring 2012