Too much salt

Jun 27, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I miscalculated the amount of salt I needed to add at the beginning of this season; the recommendation for my SWG is 6k ppm, and I am currently at 8.5k. Do I need to drain/refill until I reach 6k or am I okay? Will this cause damage to my SWG?

I really don't want to pooch my SWG in its second season; all/any advice is appreciated.

Would the risk of damaging a very expensive salt system be worth saving a few dollars on the cost of water?

Without knowing the exact dimensions of your pool, here is a good guess as to how much water would need to be replaced.
Start by draining 18 inches of water and replacing with fresh water.
Ooops... metric.. Start by draining 45 cm of water and replacing with fresh water. :lol:
Check the salinity; if less than 6000 then you are ok. If greater than 6000 then drain about 10-15 cm more of water and refill.

PSG

My water is free, so I was more concerned about losing swimming time, overworking my whole house water pump and throwing off the chemistry of the water, etc. But you're right, a small investment in time and effort could possibly save me an expensive repair or replacement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.