Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How much better are Unicel vs Intex cartridges?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Portland, Oregon

How much better are Unicel vs Intex cartridges?

Looking to filter finer particles than the Intex cartridges can handle.

Unicel makes replacement non-disposable cartridges. Are they actually better for fines than Intex?

My other choice is to go with a biodiesel 1 micron bag on the return of one or both of the pumps, and continue with the Intex filters.

It's $16-20'ish bux either way although I'd like to choose one option instead of both if possible.

Any opinions?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: How much better are Unicel vs Intex cartridges?

The Unicel cartridges are certainly better than the Intex cartridges, but they can't work miracles. A good filter bag will usually do far better at filtering, but keep in mind that they do require some attention and can be a pain to clean.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School