Pentair IntellipH Controller

I'm interested in this as well, looks like a nice setup (albeit more expensive than a homegrown solution).

By the time it is discounted, it will likely be less expensive than a Stenner setup, though not by all that much. The only advantage I can see is that it gives you a bit more control over an IntelliChlor, allowing % to be set by ones, when you don't also have a Pentair automation system.

I have been using an IntellipH for about a week. The main advantages in my mind is that it is tied to the salt cell. Not only must the pump be running to power the transformer for the IntelliChlor and IntellipH, but the intellichlor must show flow (via its internal sensor). This is a nice safety feature - putting 31% acid into pipes when the pump doesn't have prime is asking for trouble.

The other advantage if you are self-installing, is there is that it runs off of low voltage so you aren't running conduit for line voltage to the unit. The electrical work is just daisy-chaining the intellichlor. If you aren't using an Easytouch or Intellitouch system, it does offer you more control over the intellichlor, as previously mentioned.

So far I like it. Got it for $460 plus shipping.

The safety features are key as the last thing you want is acid getting dumped in out of control
and losing $8,000 in plaster. Thanks for the feedback.

aholmes5 said:
I have an IntellipH for about a week. The main advantages in my mind is that it is tied to the salt cell. Not only must the pump be running to power the transformer for the IntelliChlor and IntellipH, but the intellichlor must show flow (via its internal sensor). This is a nice safety feature - putting 31% acid into pipes when the pump doesn't have prime is asking for trouble.

So would there be an advantage if you don't have other pentair equipment except an Intelliflo pump? The Intelliflo pump is constantly powered, so that may negate the advantage of the IntellipH being on only when the pump is on. Is the Intelliflo smart enough to be only on/running only if an Intelliflo pump is running, or does it depend upon the Intellichlor to determine if there is flow?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A relative wants to install the IntelliPh so am off to get the parts but would love to see a picture if anyone can post their setup?

It would be helpful to see in relation to the size of the pump, IC40 cell, IntelliChlor transformer (on wall) versus the IntelliPh control box and the connection cable to the IntelliChlor

Pentair literature states in part ... Powered by either IntelliChlor Power Center or EasyTouch® system with IntelliChlor support for easy wiring and installation... so I take away that is is *not* mandatory to have anything besides the IntelliChlor for the power connection.

Does the muriatic acid output connect to a 2 inch PVC line via a saddle clamp ?

[edit: I see the pdf documents both a 1.5 and 2.0 saddle clamp, would love to see pictures to see visually how much space is taken at the equipment pad by the 4 gallon container and the controller on the wall]

Your statement is correct. The minimum requirement is an IntelliChlor SWCG + its power source. The control centers with their internal power sources are optional.

I will try to post some pictures of my setup.

The system comes with saddle clamps for 1.5" and 2" PVC. You drill a 1/2" hole in the pvc and the saddle clamp and its o-ring are held down over the hole by 2 stainless hose clamps like the ones on car radiator hoses. The part that mates the acid line to the saddle clamp is a threaded part. It is the exact same threading as underground lawn sprinklers (1/2" I think). My plan is to eventually cut the section of pvc out and put in a tee with a threaded bushing for a more permanent installation. If you want to remove the IntellipH, you could screw in a 1/2" pvc threaded plug.

Alex

Here are some photos (crappy iphone camera). My equipment sits on a 48" tall galvanized rack. The city made me do this as I am in the flood plain. I had some mild leaking issues from the saddle clamp which corroded one of the steel clamps. I don't think I had it tight enough but I wanted a better solution. I cut out the section with the hole and glued in a 2" (slip) x 2" (slip) x 1/2" (threaded) PVC tee (ordered through Amazon for $4). This works perfectly. I also bought a threaded plug so I can remove the acid reservoir if it drops below freezing for a prolonged period.

The feed tube is pink. I put the reservoir and pump below my equipment rack. I haven't bolted it down yet but I will with some concrete anchors and lag bolts.

I have a ~15k gallon pool and I found that I needed to dilute the acid in half to put the dispense volume at a higher amount. This gives me a little more control. I run it at 25% now (why they can't give you ounces is beyond me but there is a chart). I was at 12% before. I think half strength should also be less stress on the pink tubing as well.

Hope this helps, Alex

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.