Jagged Rocks Under IG Linger. How To Patch?

I have attached some pictures for reference. I'm not even sure if this is a rock, but it sure looks and feels like one. Should I cut a bigger hole in the liner, take the rock out, and patch, or should I try to patch over the rock? I don't know how long this liner has been like this (I have lived here for less than a year), but there are many places where the liner is caved in, has large wrinkles, or has these jagged rocks protruding on the side of the pool wall. The pictures are hard to make out, but the cut in the liner is about 1/2 inch long and about 3 feet below water level. Thanks for the help.

IMAG0302.png

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

Welcome to TFP!!

have you tried gently pushing them down with your thumb? Sometimes this works.

I'd rather add a preventative patch than cut into a good liner! I'd put a dime sized patch on teh sharp point and then a ~ 1" patch over that. (I'm working on a liner patching article but health and work issues are making it a slow write :) - if you search for patch and liner, you should find most of what I suggest for applying a patch to a liner pool)

Thank you both for the information. BTW I have read all of the great information about finding and patching leaks...Really great stuff...I've just been waiting for some opinions on how to go about this problem.

These rocks (or whatever they are) are much too hard to be pushed back from where they came. After checking it again today I decided that the rock would create about a 2 to 3 inch hole if I decided to take it out...Just out of curiosity, what is put behind an IG Vinyl Liner? How could a ROCK get back there?

Thanks again, and I think I'll just start putting some patches on all the protruding parts of the liner that are soon to be holes, and patch up the current hole as "Waste" suggested.

As a follow up- there are 3 different bases commonly used for liner pools.

They are;

1) Sand

2) Sand and cement/ concrete

3) Vermiculite and cement.

here is a thread wherein I discuss the various liner bottoms and their pros and cons, (anybody else think that post should be stickied???? :) )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.