Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MecOMatic-Dolphin Pumps

1. Back To Top    #1

MecOMatic-Dolphin Pumps

Hey everyone! Newbie to TFP here!

Ive got a problem with my MecOMatic pump (Dolphin series), lines are clear, tubing is clear, strainer in the CL tank is clear but its not feeding ANYTHING! The motor in the box is running, the Norprene tube in the head is being compressed like it should, but nothing is feeding into the pool. I even switched the Chemtrol to Manual feed and let it run all night and nothing... Im all out of ideas, nothing is clogged that I can tell, and water comes shooting out of the discharge port in the return line. Thanks for your help!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: MecOMatic-Dolphin Pumps

The number one reason a peristaltic pump doesn't pump is a suction side leak. Either a split in the pump tube or suction tubing or a fitting leaking a little. You'll be surprised at how tiny of a leak it takes too. A pin hole will stop it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ill check it, thanks! Do you know of any quick ways to check for a leak or would it be better to just replace the tubing as is?

4. Back To Top    #4

The first thing I'd do is rework the tubing fittings. Beyond that, I'd pressurize the tubing and use some leak detector or dish soap and water mix to spray on it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit