Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Persistant "dirty" pool.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Persistant "dirty" pool.

There is a customer that for the past couple years has been complaining about her pool constantly having a fine grayish dust on the bottom of the pool. It's not present when the cover is removed for the opening ( we do vacuum on prior to closing ). But after she has the pool running the dust comes back (and quickly comes back after she vacuums with a battery operated vacuum . I've collected some of the material and stuck it in a glass of bleach and nothing happened. It stayed the same color and didn't break down. I've racked my mind trying to think of what it can be. I thought it could be outside contamination like pollen (it's an above ground pool with no trees real near by) I thought about maybe the pool ladder having a brick weight that could be breaking down over the years and leaking out. The only thing about that pool that is different from the others I service is the type of chemical she uses. I forget the brand name of the product. But I know it's calcium hypochlorite in a disposable plastic tablet device. Could this be a problem with calcium precipitation? If it is this, do I just tell her to switch to bleach and see if the problem goes away? Or is there another way to test for this or to reduce the precipitation quickly?
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Persistant "dirty" pool.

Please post a full set of test results so we can advise you better. It may be calcium related but we can't tell without test results.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Persistant "dirty" pool.

will do.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp