Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with chlorine

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with chlorine

Hello, we are new to using above ground pools and I was wanting to know how many 1 inch chlorine tablets should I use for a 15 x 48 above ground pool?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with chlorine

Inside Pool School you will find a section for Temporary Pools that you should read.
    After that, check the ingredients of those pills and the weight. Find the instructions for the Pool Calculator to see the Effects of Adding Chemicals at the bottom.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

3. Back To Top    #3

Chicago, IL

Welcome to TFP!

There are many different ways to answer the question you asked, but I think the best advice would be to suggest that you click the big white "pool school" button to the top right of the page and read the article titled "How to Chlorinate your Pool".

The tablets are easy to use but may not be the best option depending on your CYA (Stabilizer) level. If this is a new pool with fresh water you'll be able to get a way with it for a while.

The will help you determine the right level of dosing once you know how many gallons your pool is and what your CYA level is.

Continue to read as much as you can in pool school and in the rest of the forum and you'll learn a Trouble Free way to take care of your pool.

Good luck!
    28K, 20' x 40' IG - Vinyl Liner, Hayward DE Filter, 1.5HP Pump, 250K Hayward BTU Heater, Aquabot Breeze 4WD robotic cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Flower Mound, TX

Here's a helpful link for you...pool-school/temporary_pool_guide
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT