Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to AGP, please help:(

1. Back To Top    #1

New to AGP, please help:(

Ok, I have had several intex pools, but, this is our first "real walled pool", how on earth do I use the vacuum??? Where do I hook it in and what position do I put the filter on??? I'm sooooooo confused, please help??? I've been scooping out leaves, etc for days, but would love to actually use the vacuum since we have one?

Thanks!
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to AGP, please help:(

The hose goes into the skimmer, either straight in the hole or using a vac plate. You might want to remove the weir door. Prime the hose using the return pressure.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

K, so, I disconnect my skimmer hose and hook the vac in there? I'm sorry to sound so ignorant, but this is so new and confusing to me???
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Or, ok, I just put it down into the hole at the skimmer?
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

Just down the hole into the skimmer.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I use the return jet to fill the hose w/water... you don't want to run a whole hose full of air through your pump. Then attach one end to your vac if you haven't already and the other goes into the skimmer. If you have a special plate to run your vacuum through the skimmer basket that is best so you don't have to empty the pump filter basket as often... if not, it's fine to take the basket out and run the hose right into the hole for the skimmer intake.

Empty your basket frequently if you have a lot of debris so you don't overwork your pump.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

7. Back To Top    #7

K, makes sense now thanks!
    SW, Virginia
    16,400 Gallons AGP
    27'x52" Esther Williams
    Hayward Sand Filter
    Dynamo pump
    Solar Cover

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, down the hole into the skimmer. You can choose to vacuum to waste, meaning the dirt and debris will be flushed out the waste line and by pass the filter, or you can vacuum with the valve in the filter position and then backwash the filter after you are finished. You will lose more water vacuuming to waste, but if you have a lot of leaves or debris it will be quicker in the long run. If you regularly have a lot of leaves in the pool look into getting a leaf canister. The canister will trap the leaves while you vacuum and you can empty it out as it fills up instead of vacuuming to waste.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!