I had a sudden algae problem occur on the bottom of my pool. I was at the minimum FC level for a couple of weeks, and that must have been low enough for algae to start.
My initial readings a before shocking were:
So I high shocked to the following a couple of days ago:
Today here is my current readings:
I realize the pH is high. The pH was 7.8 before shocking. Are pH readings not accurate at shock level?
My biggest question, is I have the iPhone pool calculator which for my chem readings, says
FC Normal 3 to 7
FC Shock 15
FC High Shock 24
Is it safe to swim at a FC of 19? I have searched the board, and it is general consensus that it is OK to swim at "Shock" level. Does that mean the regular shock level, or the High Shock level?