Just wanted to say thanks to all of the pros here. We got a 15' Intex put up on Memorial Day weekend and I had lots of trouble with an Algae bloom in mid-June, about the time I added the SWG. I had to buy a bunch of chemicals (that I was hoping to avoid with the SWG), but following lots of advice given in here, I was finally able to tame the thing at the end of June and it's perfect ever since.
Advice that worked for me and I will reiterate:
1. Make sure you have enough salt for your pool size. That means testing your salt content. I tried to do this by guestimating the amount based on the manufacturers volume, but I was about 500 ppm too low and was not getting enough free chlorine to keep it clean.
2. Add Stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid).
3. Buy a good kit for testing. TF-100 or K-2006 and really use it (also read the instructions and follow them). I also got some 6-way strips to use and they are great for quick checks AFTER you get things balanced.
4. Run your Intex SWG 2x or 3x longer than the book says.
5. If you do have trouble, read Pool School and follow the advice.
Thanks again to everyone here for their contributions to the noobs, especially. This is a great forum.