hayward sp 1085 skimmer question

Diver

May 5, 2011
South of Boston
the weir gets stuck and i want to remove it to see if it needs to be sanded. how is SP 1085 OEM skimmer weir hinged? the area it not easily accessible and i don't want to apply to much pressure to get it out and end up breaking it.

does it snap in place, any springs that hold it in place, any screws?

looking on internet, it seems like there are two protruding plastic pieces on the ends of the weir that might just go into a openings in the skimmer body and stay there, but i can't really tell.

i'm trying to find some schematics for entire skimmer installation, but can't find any...

any help is really appreciated!

p.s. sp-1085 is hayward wide mouth skimmer for IGP:
SP-1085.gif

i actually found it out yesterday myself. the hard way :) while trying to figure out how to squeeze the "nipples" out of the groves, i broke one of them. fortunately it seems that it's holding in place with only one nipples.

the weir sticks in upright position along the entire perimeter, so i decide instead of shaping it to fit better i would restrict the range of motion. i drilled a small hole on top of the weir and screw a thin but long bolt into it. the bolt doesn't allow the weir to go vertical. i'm going to replace the styrofoam and probably will go for a slightly bigger one to compensate for the additional weight.

thank you for your answer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.