new pool, first true test.

FastCougar

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV
Yesterday, before christening the pool, I did a quick ph/tc test with the little blue taylor kit that is part of the TF-100. TC was the max so I know it was a little high (added 1 full 182oz. jug of Target Bleach) after starting the CYA addition. I woke up a little late today and didn't get a chance to test the water because I had to get online and begin working immediately. I just took a break and tested PH, FC, CC ... off to a great start!

CYA added to bring up to 40 before adding Bleach yesterday. Today's test results:

FC = 5
CC = 0
PH = 7.2

ALL the CYA was dissolved from the socks, so I will simply run the pump for 4-8 hrs. a day this week and then test for CYA next week. I will test again tonight to see how the FC is holding up to the heat/full sun.

Thanks Bama Rambler ... now an update ... is my TA too high?

Late yesterday afternoon I tested and got

FC = 4
CC = 0.5
PH between 7.2 & 7.5, more on the 7.2 side in color

So, I added 32oz of Bleach, ran the pump while we ate dinner and then me and kids went for a long swim. Just tested the water again this morning, this time testing for TA as well, here are the results:

FC = 5
CC = 0
PH = 7.5
TA = 250 (followed test direction except wiping tip of dropper between drops)

Should I retest?

Although I added CYA a few days back, I haven't tested it yet because everything says wait a week.

You can retest the TA wiping between drops with a damp cloth, but unless you have high calcium (unlikely at this stage) or you are constantly fighting pH rise (possible, time will tell) you can leave TA where it is even if it is on the high side.

If you find the pH is rising constantly then we can help you with the TA lowering process.

The R-0009 reagent has an issue with static electricity making the drops smaller than they should be thereby making it take more drops per ml, so by wiping the tip on a damp cloth it dissapates the static and the drops are normal size.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.