"Salt One" Pool Protect Product - What is it?

Redbull

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2010
GTA, Ontario, Canada
I've been testing and balancing my water using this site -- thanks for all the help. I'm now purging some of the old products that were left by the original owner (chlorine pucks etc) and came across a product called "Salt One". It says it is "Pool Protect" by a company called "AquaPro" in Ottawa. It's in a big 5 kg (11 lb) tub. Cost was $45.00. I can't figure out what is in the product and if I would have use for it. The specific content(s) aren't listed. It says the following on the label:

- All-in-one support for salt generator
- designed to be used once in the spring after pool opening
- increases sanitizer efficiency protecting from UV rays
- produces water softness
- delays corrosion
- reduces the wear of your salt generator cells

The pool store wrote the following on the top of the tub for the previous owner: Add 4 full cups to the skimmer. Wait one hour then add 4 more cups to skimmer.

I wondered if it was stabilizer, but it doesn't look as granular as the stabilizer that I have used in the past. More like a white powder with some chunks.

What is it? Should I keep it? Use it?

My current levels are as follows:
FC = 4
CC = 0
pH = 7.5
TA = 85
CH = 310
CYA = approx 35 or 40
Water looks great.

I've tried to find the company contact info to call them, but haven't had any luck.

Not 100% sure, but it looks like AquaPro might be Sani-Marc who can be reached at

Head Office
42, de l'Artisan Street
Victoriaville QC G6P 7E3
T 819 758-1541
F 819 758-5800

Bama Rambler said:
Sounds like it's a combination of things. Is there a website listed on the container?

There's no website nor phone number listed. I can't seem to figure out the manufacturer contact info. Maybe I'll call the Sani-Marc people listed above.

The stuff at least 3+ years old. Maybe I'll just toss it. I also wonder if it is a combo product -- stabilizer plus other stuff...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.