Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide making pool cloudy :(

May 7, 2011
Hi,

My kids have very sensitive skin so we can only use sunscreen with physical blockers, such as Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. The problem is that I think the sunscreen is making the pool a little cloudy. Is there anything I can do about this? We have a Intex sand filter 2100 gal per hour and a SWG. Also, we typically have 4 to 5 people in the pool wearing sunscreen with physical blockers. Thanks!!

I doubt that it has much to do with the sunscreen. Cloudy water is not a symptom of too much sunscreen. The normal symptom of too much sunscreen is an oily slick on the surface of the water or an oily black residue collecting in the skimmer.

More likely it is simply from too many people swimming for your current FC level and pump/filter run time. Raise the FC level up to the high end of the normal range and increase the pump run time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.