Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can the Dust Storm Damage the Pool Pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can the Dust Storm Damage the Pool Pump?

After the mega dust storm of yesterday evening in Phoenix the pump of our swimming pull won't start. We set it up to run at 4 AM daily. Could the dust have damaged it? We took the pump to a pool store to be tested. It worked there; it won'r start at home. Please help me out with any tips. We did clean the filters this AM. Thank you all.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can the Dust Storm Damage the Pool Pump?

The only thing I can thing of is to make sure the breaker has not ben tripped.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

Does it make any kid of noise whe trying to start?
    It could be the timer contacts not making. Have you tried bypassing the timer?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BadOleRoss
    The only thing I can thing of is to make sure the breaker has not ben tripped.
    Thank you for your reply My husband just checked the breaker and it seems OK

5. Back To Top    #5

Perhaps dust got in the receptacle... have you tried to plug something else in (perhaps a radio) to see if the outlet itself is working?
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

If it worked when taken into the pool store it sounds like a power issue more then anything else. I would make sure all connections are solid and like Bama said check the timer. If its an Intermatic timer you might want to blow the box out with an air compressor and see if that helps.
    18x36 Vinyl In-ground w/roman ends 27,400G, Hayward 3/4hp with 300# sand filter. Hayward heat pump heater

Pool School
    Pool Calculator
    Test Kits

7. Back To Top    #7

Endurance, don't click the "!" in the upper right to reply. You are reporting the posts as spam posts. Instead of replying in the forum, and only the moderators can see what you wrote. The reply button is at the bottom of the page.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

8. Back To Top    #8

Sorry for that. Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate your promptness. We will make sure we try all your suggestions.