Have underground leak?

Jun 25, 2011
How do I know if I have an underground leak? My pool does not seem to be losing any water, yet I have an area near the edge of the decking that is always wet. (There is no chance that it is from splashing) I also removed about 1 1/2 cups of sand from my cartridge filter cannister today.

I simply can't reconcile why the ground is wet all the time.... It has been 100 degrees for several days, yet the ground is still wet. As I said though, the pool does not seem to be losing water beyond normal evaporation.

I do not have any other water sources near the wet area. The closest is probably 25 feet away and the ground between the pipe and the wet area seems to be dry.

Any testing ideas?

Where does your rain water drain too? Do you have weeping tile around your house? Is the wet area a low area? Do you have underwater springs in your area? Do you have alot of clay in the soil?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.