inground gunite pool

Welcome to TFP!

You can usually put a liner in over plaster, though it will never look as good as it would with fresh plaster. If the pool shape is too free form/complex there will be some challenges, and they could raise the costs substantially. If the pool has straight lines and no complications it will be fairly easy.

JasonLion said:
Welcome to TFP!

You can usually put a liner in over plaster, though it will never look as good as it would with fresh plaster. If the pool shape is too free form/complex there will be some challenges, and they could raise the costs substantially. If the pool has straight lines and no complications it will be fairly easy.

My pool is gunite.. 28,000 gals..DE filter...lazy L shaped (no 90 degree corners)..price to repair/replaster/remove paint is $18,000, including some brick coping. Will a vinyl pool liner be cheaper to set up and OK to run on this system?

Price will certainly vary by region, but that said, if you can live with plain white plaster vs. a premium plaster finish (eg. pebbletec)..$18K seems way high. Some folk here have had their pools replastered in the $3-5K range. Is that your best quote of many (3+)?

dmanb2b said:
Price will certainly vary by region, but that said, if you can live with plain white plaster vs. a premium plaster finish (eg. pebbletec)..$18K seems way high. Some folk here have had their pools replastered in the $3-5K range. Is that your best quote of many (3+)?

Quotes range from $16,500, $19,000, and $29,000 All want to blast off existing paint ($6,000) One contractor wants to put a tile border below the existing coping ($4,500) to bring his plaster job up to meet it. His plaster job is then $7,000. The quotes are hard to figure out. I know I should avoid repainting, which is why I wondered about changing it to vinyl. Location Stow, Massachusetts.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.